Monday, September 7, 2009

ABOUT JOHN • ST LOUIS & EDWARDSVILLE PHOTOGRAPHER

I can't really say that I've always wanted to be a photographer or that I was the kid in school who who constantly took pictures. But, in the last few years I've become fascinated with creating these memories for my own family. I guess that I'm a "gadget guy" at heart. I find it intersting how the complex technology of today's camera can create something so simple and powerful.

I started doing this for two primary reasons. First and foremost; I wanted people to have something better than the whole "Portrait Studio" experience. For me, it's really frustrating to sit in a studio and wait while the kids fuss, only to end up with "Okay" results. On top of that, it seems really unnatural to me. I wanted people to have something that reflected how they really are in everyday life. Secondly, on some level, it speaks to me. Pictures really do say a thousand words, and at times they scream out loud when I look at a photo or a subject through the lens.



I'm a natural light photographer; I feel that this light can bring out the powerful emotion and personality found in us all. I don't work out of a studio, you can find me shooting family portraits outdoors at various local parks; or inside homes using the beautiful light coming in through a window



My family has been a great inspiration in creating images. I live in Edwardsville, IL with my beautiful wife of 8 years, and my three gorgeous daughters. I can be reached at 618-979-5274 or email me jgpix@hotmail.com

No comments: